Top Health and Fitness Apps of 2018
Staying on top of your health and your physical fitness is one of the best things that you can do for yourself. Regular exercise is good for your mind, body and soul. But, sometimes staying healthy requires a little extra planning and motivation to stick to your routines.
Fortunately, there are all kinds of health and fitness apps on the market right now to help you set goals and maintain a routine no matter your fitness level. So, use these tools to your advantage! Here’s a look at some of this year’s hottest apps:
- Fitbit: This app is designed to work with the wearable activity trackers (wristbands) that go by the same name. It counts your steps and calories burned throughout your day. The Fitbit app even tracks your pace and distance traveled. The app can also be used on its own to track basic activity through your phone. Through this, you can set and manage your workout goals, sleep and even eating habits. When paired with the wearable device, it can collect data on everything from your heart rate to how much restful sleep you get each night.
- MapMyRun: Whether you’re a seasoned runner or just starting at the beginning, the MapMyRun app is your go-to. This app is a personal coach designed to help you set goals and improve. Through it, you can track pace, distance, calories, duration and more. You even get access to a community of runners through the app that can challenge you and keep you motivated to stay on track.
- Couch to 5K: If you’ve just started incorporating running into your fitness routine, Couch to 5K is designed to track your progress from the very beginning. The app gets you up and moving, taking your routine from a casual walk to a brisk run so that as you progress, your workouts get more difficult. This app even provides a virtual coach to guide you through each workout, and you can use the GPS to map routes and calculate your completed distance.
- Fitness Buddy: The Fitness Buddy offers more than 75 workout routines. And, depending on what you’re into, those workouts can be separated by category based on your routine, the specific muscle groups you want to work or to meet your personal goals, and it will track your progress in weight and metrics over time. The app acts as your own personal trainer. You can access videos and instructions for each exercise, meal plans as well as personal training plans designed by actual trainers.
- BodySpace – Social Fitness: This app is really fun because it’s designed to make fitness more social. BodySpace allows you to connect with an entire community to view workout ratings and interact with one another for encouragement and tips to help you meet your overall health and fitness goals. The app has dozens of training programs created by personal trainers, athletes and other BodySpace members. So, you can find your perfect training program, or find and separate your workouts by muscle group and required equipment.
- JEFIT Workout Tracker: This app is all about strength training with its more than 1,300 weight training exercises in the JEFIT database! Users of all levels, whether beginners or bodybuilders, can plan workouts and track their progress with the app. You can even customize your fitness plan to meet your goals and fit your lifestyle.
Whether you’re just taking your first steps toward your health and fitness goals or have been at it for years, these tools can help you manage and maintain a healthier lifestyle. It’s just a matter of finding the best plan that works for you and using the technology to track your progress.